Friday, August 2, 2013

Heartbreak.


"I gave him my heart, and he took and pinched it to death; and flung it back to me.  People feel with their hearts... and since he has destroyed mine, I have not power to feel for him."
~Emily Bronte



I never heard weeping like that before or after; not from a child, nor a man wounded in the palm, nor a tortured man, nor a girl dragged off to slavery from a taken city. If you heard the woman you most hate in the world weep so, you would go to comfort her. You would fight your way through fire and spears to reach her. And I knew who wept, and what had been done to her, and who had done it.”  

~C.S. Lewis




“Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts.”  
~Charles Dickens Great Expectations


 

No comments:

Post a Comment